httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jarrell - @home" <djarre...@home.com>
Subject Re: Virtual hosts problem (to Joshua, Raquel, and RuneImp)
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:44:06 GMT
Joshua (and Raquel):
I use register.com for my registrant; they have a "domain alias" section
where you can configure various aliases for the domain name. I believe by
default www. and ftp. both resolve to the basic hostname (and I have no
problems with either of the two).

As I mentioned in the previous email, I configured bishop.troop85.org to
point to bishop.troop85.org. That sounds odd to me and I wonder if that is a
problem. Both of you mentioned DNS configuration; since www.troop85.org
works I assumed that the DNS works fine and anything else would be left up
to the "domain aliases" and my server. Is this incorrect?

I am starting to believe that I need to do something else on my server here.
What should my /etc/hosts file look like for such a configuration?

To RuneImp,
How do I see what my CNAME entries are? Where do I look? Are you talking
about my local setup on my server? Keep in mind that I don't do my own DNS.
This is just a small FreeBSD box serving through my cable modem.

Thanks to all of you for the extremely fast replies,
David Jarrell
djarrell2@home.com
ICQ 775579
AIM JarrellD