httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Bolton" <Ralph.Bol...@Brokat.com>
Subject Overriding httpd.conf SetHandler in .htaccess doesn't work
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:08:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble overriding SetHandler directives in .htaccess (despite
having an "AllowOverride All" covering the directories concerned). My Apache
1.3.22 (WinNT) httpd.conf (inside a VirtualHost) looks a bit like:

 <Location />
  SetHandler perl-script
 </Location>

 <Location /ps>
  SetHandler default-handler
 </Location>

...which works fine. In the root, my Perl module is run, and in /ps/* it
isn't and I get normal, default behaviour.

What I would like to do is create /ps/cs/.htaccess that looks like:

	SetHandler perl-script

...to re-enable the Perl module in the /ps/cs directory. This works fine if
I create another <Location>...</Location> section in the httpd.conf file,
but not if I do it in .htaccess (no errors reported either).

I have found that it will work fine in .htaccess so long as I have not
specified any SetHandler on any directory above.

So, it looks as if I can set, but not override the SetHandler in .htaccess.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

                    ...Ralph Bolton

Customer Support Engineer