httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Hatter" <bhat...@apohiolaw.com>
Subject RE: Apache http server as a FRONT END for IIS
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:52:10 GMT
Try to put a Redirect in there. When the user clicks on the link, have
it take them to a specified directory, which you have redirected to your
Email Server.

I have set this up on our Load Balancer, and it works great,

Bill Hatter
Web/Network Administrator
Anderson Publishing Company
Cincinnati, OH
513 562.8119

-----Original Message-----
From: Bau, Flavien [mailto:fbau@us.infogrames.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 2:43 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Apache http server as a FRONT END for IIS

Hi folks,

We have a web server running IIS to serve Outlook Web Access requests
which
give you the availability to read your emails stored an Exchange server
with
a browser.

I don't want this IIS server to be visible from internet (because
security
with Microsoft product is laughable). I want to configure an apache
server/Linux to be a front end to my IIS server.

Which directive should I use to ask my apache server to redirect
specific
URLs to the IIS server and also all requests incoming to ports 443
(https).
I tried ProxyRemote, but didn't get it to work... :(

Thanks for your collaboration.

Please reply to the list but also to my email. tks