httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Null" <N...@Stronger.org>
Subject Enabling mod_rewrite on a windows installation....I'm stumped
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 05:16:01 GMT
Whenever I try to use anything in an .htaccess file requiring the rewrite
engine to be enabled I get an internal server error and the following error
in my log:

[Sun Feb 03 23:36:50 2002] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] d:/web/.htaccess:
Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

How do I enable mod_rewrite? Any help would be appreciated

Also I am using Apache 1.3.23 installed through the msi on WinXP and Win98
(doesn't work on either).