httpd-users mailing list archives

From <julien-mar...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Developer needs help: Which offers more stability between Tomcat/JSP or PHP?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:52:56 GMT
Hello,

I am a web developer and have no experience of running a web server in a
production environment.

My question is quite simple: we have to develop a website that's going to
use free open-source software and we just don't know what to choose between
Tomcat/JSP and PHP.

Bearing in mind that the site is going to run alongside other sites on a
shared web-hosting server, what is more stable between the above two
languages/application servers?

Thanks in advance for your comments and answers. (I know many things have to
be taken into account in order to answer my question...)

Julien Martin.