httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jefferson Cowart" <j...@cowart.net>
Subject Authentication Issue
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:59:20 GMT
Hi, I am running apache 1.3.22 with mod_auth_mysql 2.20. I have put a
.htaccess file in the root directory of my webserver to authenticate
against a mysql database. The problem is I have a subdirectory that I
don't want to use mysql authentication for. I have a configuration
program that does it's own authentication so I don't want the mysql
authentication being recursive into that subdirectory. I have tried
making a <directory> entry in httpd.conf with a line saying
"AllowOverride None" line in it but that hasn't worked. I have also
tried putting a blank .htaccess file in the subdirectory but then I get
a 500 server configuration error. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Thanks
Jefferson Cowart
Jeff@cowart.net