httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mario Ohnewald" <MOhnew...@aradex.com>
Subject ErrorDocument - 404
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:44:12 GMT
Hello!
I am doing  a Redirection from (as an example)
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/test/ --> http://www.geocities.com/myaccount/test/
This works perfectly!

My question is, if i can "force" MY ErrorDocument to come up, when the error
actually is on the geocities server (when it cant find a file there)
I would like to get my own ErorDocument when i go to:
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/test/ (which the redirected folder on geocities)
I know that i canĀ“t change the ErrorDocument of geocitoes ;).

Is there a way to "force" my ErrorDoc in this folder?
The only way i could think of is to write a script which checks if a file
exits there, and if not, apache sends me a local 404 error. But that is
pretty tricky.

The reason for this all is that i want to make a webserver, but actually
redirect almost every folder, cause i have simply not the speed to provide a
couple of 30MB Pages.

I hope i explained it well. If not, please let me know!

Thank you!
Mario Ohnewald