httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Hatter" <bhat...@apohiolaw.com>
Subject Tracking Users and Logins
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:39:46 GMT
Hello,

We are attempting a Load Balancing Solution for our web-site with an
Apache Front-End. When the user requests access to our site, s/he is
prompted for a login. The username and password are verified against a
MySQL database. If successful, the user is granted access to the site.
Ok, all standard so far.

Here is where we run into trouble. Some of the user's are on a trial
subscription basis. However, I cannot get Apache to recognize standard
SQL statements for validating logins. Also, I need to keep track of who
is logged in, because we only allow one user to login per account, so we
lock out concurrency. I've been doing this so far on IIS with a program
called Authentix from http://www.flicks.com <http://www.flicks.com/>
but it doesn't provide all the functionality we want.

Has anyone dealt with this issue, or know of a program, or a way to fix
these problems?

Bill Hatter
Web/Network Administrator
Anderson Publishing Company