httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Miller" <SMact...@slightlysuspect.com>
Subject Help with basic SSI
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:12:27 GMT
Hi List,

I thought this would be easy but I cannot get server side includes to work.

I am running the Windows version of Apache on a Windows 2000 workstation.
This is just a test environement.  Everything seems to be OK.  I have been
able to retreive web pages, write and run cgi scripts, and use .php.

Server side includes are another matter.

I created the following small shtml page.
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>FORM</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
THIS IS A TEST<BR><BR><BR>

<!--#include file="info.txt" -->

</BODY>
</HTML>

I created the following info.txt in the same directory.

lname:miller
fname:scott
address:skldfdasfdsafsdfsd

All get is the this a test displayed in my browser. no errors appear in my
error log.

I tried subsituting virtual for file.  No better.

I have read the Apache documentation titled Module mod_include and also the
NCSA tutorial document titled  Server Side Includes.

I thought I had set everything up correctly.  What did I do wrong?

Scott