httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Dale" <rob...@bofh.dk>
Subject Re: Best Linux for Web Server?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:12:49 GMT
First time I stepped into Apache I followed a simple path, O'Reillys Apache
The Definitive Guide.

Having never touched Apache, simply read the book and installed on FreeBSD
.. havent had a
single problem, infact Id forget it was there if i didnt have to update some
of the websites pages.
Lets face it a basic website with a few virtual hosts takes less than 30
mins including installing apache.

You could go with Windows, but then patching Microsofts webserver plaftform
alone takes longer than 30 mins.

One of the problems is its to easy and stable, resulting in me not really
knowing anything about apache ; )

Dont you think the question should be Best OS for Apache not best version of
blah ? then the answer is none
but there are some OSes that arent as crappy as the others for running
Apache.

Robert