httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Jeffries" <sjjeffr...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: Please help a newbie
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:04:34 GMT
Greg

    Redhat, if I remember right redhat likes to by default block outside
address from reaching a machine. Last time I ran redhat 7.1 I had to turn
off either ipchains or iptables to get an outside connection to work. You
might what to make sure that they aren't running before you jump into the
apache config.
The command to stop them if they are running.
/etc/init.d/ipchains stop
/etc/init.d/iptables stop

Scott

Greg Liapis wrote:

	Hi all.
	I am newbie to apache and linux and my question is probably silly.
	I have installed apache1.3.22 in my system which runs redhat linux 7.1 and
I haven't made any changes in the
	configuration files. When I type localhost in my browser's address field
everything goes fine and I can see the html pages I have created in
/usr/local/apache_1.3.22/htdocs. When I connect to the internet via modem
and get a dynamic IP address, I can also see the site I have created by
typing
	this IP address in the browser's address field.
	The problem is that when I try to access my site from a remote computer
with this IP address, nothing happens. Could you please help me?

	Thank you very much

	Greg Liapis
	Greece