httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dale <...@mail.inficad.com>
Subject Mac OS X Server: setting secure directory access
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:11:52 GMT
This may be outside most people's experience here, but I thought I'd
give it a shot.

I am trying to password protect a specific web directory for browser
access. I created the required passwordfile and htaccess file and put
them where they belonged. But I don't get the standard prompt for
user name and password. It tells me the directory doesn't exist. Take
the htaccess out and it's accessible.

It's not a matter of changing the httpd.conf file. The user interface
overrides it with it's own conf file. And the documentation and books
I've read don't say much except I need to create a realm.

Anyone know the solution?

Thanks
Dale