httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darrel Austin <daus...@visi.com>
Subject Virtual Hosts vs. Aliases vs. Sub domains
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 05:32:12 GMT
I'm stuck again. I have a domain name pointing to a server. On that
server, I want a subdomain under that domain name to point at a
different directory as such:

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.14

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.14>
DocumentRoot /var/www/domain/html
ServerName www.domain.com
ServerAlias domain.com *.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.14>
DocumentRoot /var/www/subdomain/html
ServerName subdomain.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

This *looks* like the given sample in the Apache documentation, but
it doesn't work when I type in subdomain.domain.com (Server not found
error). I do have other virtual hosts running just fine that are
other domains, if that makes a difference...

-Darrel