httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hasanuddin Tamir <...@trabas.com>
Subject Re: Getting Perl Scripts to work
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:28:05 GMT
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Allen May <allen@daytondigital.net> wrote,

> I am trying to get PerlDesk up and running on a FreeBSD box and finding
> challenges getting it to run.  PerlDesk is ALL *.pl files.
>
> I have installed Apache through pkg_add but when I try to load the
> index.pl from the DocRoot I just get the Perl code.
> OK, I need to configure Apache to execute the Perl rather than send the
> text to the client.....  Where do I configure that?
>
> How do I configure Apache to run *.pl files?

Hi,

You can tell Apache to recognize *.pl files to be executed rather than
displayed by using AddType directive.  There should be there already,
but may be it's commented and perhaps it has a value .cgi.  Just add the
.pl extension.  The extension .cgi is the convention used to recognize CGI
programs.  But you can have any extension you like.

    AddType .cgi .pl

Then you need to have the files executable.  And make sure that you may
run the CGI programs in the directory where the files located.  For this,
you need to add 'Options ExecCGI' in the <Directory> container.  Or, state
that option in .htaccess file under the directory in question, but you need
additional configuration for this to work (hint: AllowOverride).

hth
san
--
Trabas - http://www.trabas.com