httpd-users mailing list archives

From Erik Parker <epar...@mindsec.com>
Subject RE: mod_rewrite and apache
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:59:14 GMT
JS> Can't be done with any standard Apache module.  You want apache to scan
JS> through each document as it is served and do a search/replace.  Mod_rewrite
JS> acts only on the URL that is actually requested, not on the document
JS> contents.

After you said that, it became very clear :)

I guess for now, I'm going to use SSI and do an if $SSL == on, write out
img src="https:/foo
else
img src="http://foo

It's not ideal, but it will work until this client can get their code
split apart into seperate sections. It's not too bad though, these systems
lack memory, and speed, not processor.. so I think short term, they shoul
dbe ok with the SSI's.

Thanks,

-Erik