httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ringrow" <ch...@ringrow.co.uk>
Subject htpasswd sets size of passwd file to 0 ?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:23:47 GMT

I have been running a web site on apache on a Sun SPARC station
for over a year with no problems etc.

However now when I try to add a new password using a
command line like

htpasswd -b /usr/local/apache/vhosts/ecert/passwords/.htpasswd username
password

This has worked fine for over a year, but know, all of a sudden, it
empties the file .htpasswd ( ls -al shows the size to be 0 )
which removes all of the other user names and passwords from the file.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before or is anyone able to shed any
light on it ?

There is plenty of disk space and I believe that the permissions are OK.

Apache Version : 1.3

UNIX Version:
  Release: 5.7
  Kernel architecture: sun4u
  Application architecture: sparc
  Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems
  Domain:
  Kernel version: SunOS 5.7 Generic 106541-12 May 2000

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Chris Ringrow