httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Bristol" <netrunn...@home.com>
Subject RE: New Configuration, access denied on the directories
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:30:52 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 5:24 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: New Configuration, access denied on the directories

> From: Gary Bristol [mailto:netrunner2@home.com]

> When I try to re-establish the NamedVirtual Hosting I was doing on another
> server I get access denied on the root directories of the
> different domains.

Have you checked the error log?  Have you checked the unix permissions on
the documentroot directories and all parent directories?

Yes I have, it says I dont' have permission to access \

> But if I try to do the same thing with the second domain it still doesn't
> work.

What does "doesn't work" mean?

It says I don't have permmission to access \

The only change between getting sitetwo to display and not getting siteone
to display is the DNS change.
Both sites are in the same directory structure.

> Before on the other server previous version, I wasn't using the CNAME
> entries in DNS, just mulitple A record entries.
> Is the CNAME entry required now?

No.

> For the second domain or any additional domains to work, do I have to also
> add multiple ServerName entries in the Httpd.conf outside of the
> VirtualHost
> directives.?  That seems to be the only difference.

No.

Joshua.