httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Problem with ProxyPassReverse
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:42:33 GMT

> From: LEBRETON Laurent (IFATEC) [mailto:lalebret@IFATEC.fr]

> OK, in fact, when a client types http://reverseproxy/srv1, I want that my
> reverse proxy proxies to http://real_server/ (see httpd.conf)
>
> With Domino servers, when I type http://reverseproxy/srv1 in a client
> braowser, I have the first page (a login page) but when I type my
> login and
> clic on the validate button, the client browser sends a request to
> http://reverseproxy/names.nsf?login instead of
> http://reverseproxy/srv1/names.nsf?login

That is probably because you are using an absolute path on the login page.
Any absolute path will break out of the reverse proxy, so you need to make
sure all your paths are relative (no leading "/").  This is due to the fact
I mentioned earlier: only Location headers are rewritten; links in the pages
are not.

Joshua.