httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: DirectoryIndex directive ...
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:16:51 GMT

> From: oix@av9500.presidence.univ-nantes.fr
> [mailto:oix@av9500.presidence.univ-nantes.fr]On Behalf Of Julien OIX

> > When you say that http://x.x.x.x "gives" http://myhost/index.jps, do you
> > mean it simply serves that content, or do you mean that it
> redirects to that
> > new location (causing the URL bar in your browser to change)?
>
> on the apache server itself, it redirects (the URL bar changes)

Well, Apache doesn't do that in any standard configuration.  So there must
be something you're not telling us about: either some
Redirect/RewriteRule/ErrorDocument in httpd.conf or some funky refesh in
your page itself, or some other machine in the way.

Please give us the real URL to this page.  I can't help any more with fake
names.

Joshua.