httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Permissions
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:12:38 GMT

> From: Vernon A Webb [mailto:VernMan@net-nation.com]

> I now have the site working and displaying the index.html
> file that exist within that directory but none of the
> graphic in the page are being displayed. I want to get this
> working but I am also VERY concerned with security. Can
> anyone walk me through setting this up or at least point me
> somewhere where I can read about setting these permissions
> properly?

Start by looking in the error log.  If this doesn't tell you how to solve
the problem, post the error log and access log contents, along with any
relevant configuration details and the exact URL that you are trying to
access.

In the case of embedded images, you are best starting off by accessing the
images directly in your browser.  Only once that works should you try
embedding them in an html page.

Joshua.