httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: modules in configuration files
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:08:05 GMT

> From: Christian KHOURY [mailto:Christian.Khoury@lip6.fr]

> Hi and Happy new year :),
>
> I just installed an Apache 1.3.22 and was wondering about the modules;
> I saw nothing inside the configuration file mentioning the modules
> installed, the order in which they are used, etc...I tried to look for
> more information on the Apache web pages but couldn't find any precise
> information about that. Maybe I missed it !!!

Use "httpd -l" to see what modules are compiled into the server.  If you are
using statically loaded modules, they do not need to be listed in LoadModule
lines to work.

Other than that, what information are you looking for.

> I would like to know how it is possible to insert a new module (is it
> with the LoadModule directive ?), where and how to place it among the
> other modules ? Why standard modules are not mentioned in the
> configuration file ?

You can only use LoadModule if you have mod_so.c in the "httpd -l" output.
Otherwise, you need to recompile to load new modules.

Joshua.