httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: CGI Scripts
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:56:17 GMT

> From: Vernon A Webb [mailto:VernMan@net-nation.com]
>
> What I'm setting up is a web site for a customer who needs
> a CGI-BIN.
>
> I have created an ftp location for him at:
> /home/UserName/
>
> Also a web folder for:
> http://members.eopenex.com/
>
> at:
> /home/UserName/www/
>
> He needs to have a cgi-bin to place his programs at
> /home/UserName/www/cgi-bin/
>
> Where he's trying to test:
> http://members.eopenex.com/cgi-bin/cgitest.cgi

That's better.  My recommendation is to remove the ScriptAlias from the main
server context and place it only in the vhost for test.comp-wiz.com (and any
other hosts that need it).  Then add

<Directory /home/UserName/www/cgi-bin/>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

to you httpd.conf.  This has the same effect as ScriptAlias without the
Alias part, since the cgi-bin is already accessible under the documentroot.

If you don't want to do that, you can use
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/UserName/www/cgi-bin/
inside the <VirtualHost> section for members.eopenex.com.  But that can be a
little confusing because you are essentially aliasing a directory that is
already accessible.

Joshua.