httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Hi!
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:43:12 GMT

> From: Eduardo Cancino [mailto:lalo@ciceana.org.mx]

> Oh! Sorry..
>
> When i download it, the contents where de output of th script, not the
> script itself.
>
> How i correct this or better where can i read about it ?
>
> So it's being interpreted but i don't know why is doing that...

There we go.  We found the problem.  It has nothing to do with Apache
configuration.

Check the Content-Type header that the script is printing.  What does it
say?
It should be something like "Content-Type: text/html".

Note that MSIE will not properly deal with the Content-Type "text/plain".
It ignores this content type and uses the filename extension to determine
how to handle the file.  This is very broken behavior, and essentially means
that if you want your cgi script to send plain text, the cgi script itself
must have a name ending in .txt.

Joshua.