httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: send body timed out
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:05:44 GMT

> From: BAO RuiXian [mailto:bao.ruixian@atbusiness.com]

> Most of my SQL sentences spend 5 - 10 minutes in the
> solid database, but there is one big one, which takes about 30 minutes
> to execute.

I'm not really an expert with long-lived requests, but my guess is that you
are running into client timeouts as much as server timeouts.  You may be
able to fool the client by leaking out some data over time, but I think you
will be better off if you change your strategy: write the results to a
separate file and either refresh to the file or provide a link to it.

Joshua.