httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: NameVirutalHosts and SSL?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:21:52 GMT

> From: Robert L. Harris [mailto:Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net]

> I was informed I couldn't do https and namevhosts?  Looking at the
> conf file, there appears a block of ssl settings inside the vhosts
> block.  Was my informant wrong or am I SoL?

It is correct that name-vhosts and SSL are fundementally incompatible.

However, you can use other kinds of vhosts with SSL (IP or port-based).  The
<virtualhost> section in the conf file is probably doing port-based virtual
hosting: the SSL default port is 443, while the standard default port is 80.

Joshua.