httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim B" <apa...@law.com>
Subject Virtual Hosting Info
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:46:19 GMT
Hi,

 Just found something out after 2 weeks of
trying various Virtual Host  setups. I could
not get my virtual hosting to work correctly.
After 2 weeks I found something out that I
guess all of you might already know.

The problem that I was having was that when I
set my Virtual Host up that if I setup 3
domains in my Virtual Hosting no matter what
domain name that I typed in, it always took me
to the default document root on all three
domain names.

I was getting really frustrated with dealing
with it because nothing was working for me. I
came into the other room where i have several
other computers setup and I was trying the
various domain names in my browser and I am not
sure why but they are all working. So I went
back in and changed the Virtual Host dir again
to a couple of various setups that I had tried
before and they all worked on the other
machines. They are all taking me to the
Document Root they are suppose too.
They do this on any system in the house other
than the actual server. (not sure why) but this
is something that you might try if you have
more than one computer in the place.

This might be a stupid post not sure, but if
there are some other folks out here that are
having the same problem you might give it a try
on another machine.

Tim

Sent by Law  Mail