httpd-users mailing list archives

From da...@esat.net (Dave Burke)
Subject allowoverride & options
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 15:00:14 GMT
Hi,

All of my users homedirs are under /usr/local/www, eg /usr/local/www/user1

I had the following setup in my httpd.conf

<Directory /usr/local/www>
    Options IncludesNOEXEC ExecCGI
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
</Directory>

My problem is that I want people to have the option to turn on indexes within
thier directories. But if i allow them to override the options directive, they
can turn on includes, which is what I don't want.

Is it possible to have it setup, so people cannot override Includes, but can
override the Indexes options ? Or is that fine a granuality missing?

Any pointers appreciated.

Dave