httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Graham White" <gra...@bravenet.com>
Subject mod_access_referer problem
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:49:16 GMT
This is some more information concerning the email I sent earlier concerning
an access_referer problem. The problem again is I have a client who recently
switched ip's. We have him configured so that he is allowed to access a
directory using the mod_access_referer module and the allow_referer
directive which can allow based on ip's and/or domain names. Since his ip
switch we get this in our error logs:

[error] [client ip.xxx.xxx.xxx] client denied by server configuration:
/dir/subdir

We had no issues before the ip switch. His new ip's resolve properly and we
can connect to his network. He isn't being blocked by our firewall. Our
apache config and modules haven't been touched except to add his new ip.
Here is the config for the dir in httpd.conf:

		<Directory /dir/subdir>
                        Default_Referer         deny_referer
                        Order_Referer           deny_referer,allow_referer
                        Deny_Referer from       all
                        Allow_Referer from      .client.com  xx.xx.xx.xx
#his ip.
                        DirectoryIndex index.html
                        Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
                        AllowOverride None
                        order allow,deny
                        allow from all
		</Directory>

Any thoughts or links would be appreciated.

G White