httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Atlas <p_at...@club-internet.fr>
Subject Cannot get HTML pages from my Apache server
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:04:48 GMT
If someone could get me ideas about what happens with my Apache server.

Apache 1.3.20 is installed on a Mandrake 8.1 Linux (french distribution), PC
450 Mhz, 256 Mo RAM, HD 20 Go. The PC is plugged on a local network, and the
DSL router is configured to reach the web server from the internet.
On the local host, I can get the pages, using localhost name or the loop
address, even with the eth0 IP address. This PC can connect the www.

But, when I want to reach the server from another PC on the local network
(using local IP, localhost name, or the public URL), nothing happens. The
access log shows that the first GET command is sent, then the server doesn't
react anymore, and doesn't send any page. And the browser is waiting a long,
long time...

The ping command is working, PC exists on the local network. The httpd.conf
and commonhttpd.conf are the default files, port 80 is opened, httpd is on.

Could someone give me a check up list to fix the trick?

Patrick Atlas

PS: I am a newbie...