httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lawrence, Sean" <slawre...@seveninteractive.com>
Subject RE: Question about Virtual host and cgi bin
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:00:32 GMT
Well as it was recently pointed out to me, if you want cgi to work in a
vhost the main config has to have the Options directive set to allow the
server to run cgi in the form og:

Options +ExecCGI

If you need access to perl you should just put #! /usr/bin/perl (or wherever
perl is loaded) in your cgi or pl files.

Not sure about mod_alias.  Have you checked the docs?

-----Original Message-----
From: acidx [mailto:admin@acidx.prolinux.ws]
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 12:47 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Question about Virtual host and cgi bin

A friend gave me web space using the following as his virtual host
configuration:
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3>
ServerAdmin admin@acidx.prolinux.ws
DocumentRoot /home/acidx/public_html
ServerName acidx.prolinux.ws
ErrorLog logs/acid-error_log
CustomLog logs/acid-access_log common
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/acidx/public_html/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/acidx/public_html/cgi-bin">
  AllowOverride None
  Options None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

However, you can add a LoadModule or a AddModule variable in VirtualHost, so
what needs to be added to use the mod_alias and mod_perl modules, and to use
the cgi-bin in the public_html directory?