httpd-users mailing list archives

From catk...@spcmg.com
Subject Re: Memory limit for CGI processes?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:44:21 GMT
Using gcc on Linux I suppose? You say a list, so something like an STL
vector? Is the program being run by apache, or indirectly by spawn/exec
activity. Could be the way the C++ program is terminating. I think I
would make it a stand-alone app. or check the exit method; if it's a
memory leak in C++, then my first inclination is that garbage collection
wasn't done on exit.

Honestly, unless there is some real compelling reason, it would be much
safer to use PHP, JSP/Servlet, Perl, Python, or some other scripting
language, which would handle the memory allocations in a platform-safe
way.  Just my suggestion.