httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Def...@massey.ac.nz>
Subject RE: .htaccess problems step 1
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:48:54 GMT

Thanks,

I have copied the /usr/local/www/nz/error.html to /usr/local/www/data.
This must be the path it is looking for as the error log referred to it
When I enter an unknown html file it still gives me the MSIE error
I have put some more text and breaks in my custom error file.

Before it gave the error : can't find /usr/local/www/data/error.html
But that does not show up any more in the log

> From: Defryn, Guy [mailto:G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz]

> The error page is the MSIE one. I checked the error log
> And it says it cannot find the /usr/local/www/data/error.html file
>
> So it is looking in the wrong place. I can't see anything about an
> errordirective in the httpd.conf file.
> I assumed that it would look in the directory where your
> .httaccess file is
> Placed.

That would be a faulty assumption.

When you say
Errordocument 404 /blah.html

It looks in the same place that it looks if you say
http://yourhost.example.com/blah.html.

Try putting it there.

Joshua.