httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Def...@massey.ac.nz>
Subject RE: .htaccess problems step 1
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:08:13 GMT
Thanks.

The error page is the MSIE one. I checked the error log
And it says it cannot find the /usr/local/www/data/error.html file

So it is looking in the wrong place. I can't see anything about an
errordirective in the httpd.conf file.
I assumed that it would look in the directory where your .httaccess file is
Placed.

The page is not on the web

Okay.  That's a better start.  But I still have a question: Do you get the
MSIE "friendly" error page, or do you get the Apache canned error response.
If the former, make sure that error.html is "big enough" (pad it with a
bunch of space if necessary).  If the latter, where in httpd.conf have you
placed the ErrorDocument directive?  What does the error log say?

If this is a publically-accessible site, you could give the URL so that we
could test it.

Joshua.