httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Def...@massey.ac.nz>
Subject .htaccess problems
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:34:08 GMT
Hi ,

I am new to the list and apache.
I have problems with my .htaccess file

My html files + .htaccess file are located in /usr/local/www/nz

This is what my .htaccess file looks like. Read comments for my problem

# errordocument does not work unless I use a url instead of path
ErrorDocument 404 /usr/local/www/nz/error.html

#authenticate shows up the box but does not let me in. The Authname shows up
on the box.
#cannot find the users file. The error log says it cannot find file
#users file has read for everyone.Does this need execute permissions???
#it seemed to work when I gave the file execute permissions
Authname "Log in"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/sbin/users
<Limit Get POST>
Require valid_user
</limit>

#redirect does not work at all
Redirect /usr/local/www/nz/page.html http://www.somedomain.com

The alias in httpd.conf has AllowOverride to all

Thank you

Guy Defryn, mcp & A+
IT-support & webdesign
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health
Private Bag 11 222
Massey University
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Ph: 06-3504336 ext 2037