httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefan.Faegers...@astrazeneca.com
Subject mod_rewrite condition
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:03:12 GMT
Hi!

I want to use mod_rewrite to send users to a maintenance page.
I only want to do this if is maintenance going on, and without restarting
the web server.
My belief is that I have to read a "variable" outside the web server config,
because otherwise I have to restart the webserver, making it read the
changed httpd.conf files.

I tried to use a condition where it checks if there exists a named file.
That works fine and without having to restart the web server. But I'm
worried about the performance. Isn't it time-consuming to make the webserver
look for this file on every request?

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Regards
/Stefan