httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Daubenspeck <m...@oddprocess.org>
Subject Re: newbie question: where should VH directories go?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:44:48 GMT
At 11:34 PM 1/14/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a really basic question.
>
>Is there a rule-of-thumb as to where virtualhost directories should be
>placed on a linux box running apache? I noticed that Apache defaults to
>the VAR partition, but it seems to make more sense to me to create
>separate user directories in the USR partition and have the virtual hosts
>point there. Is there a right/wrong way to organize that?
>
>-Darrel

It honestly doesn't matter. I have multiple virtual hosts in
/var/www/hostname that are considered untouchable by any user other then
myself. I also have other virtual hosts that are for users that are all
located in /home/username/webpage.

I think as long as you decide how you want to do it and stick with the
scheme, you should be fine.