httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Pifer <apachel...@tnjinfl.com>
Subject Re: Rights - Solved
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:31:23 GMT
That makes sense to me. It is internal and doesn't matter too much, but for
correctness, I have added the trailing period in my case.

I still have an issue with rights, which gets back to some of my original
questions. (sorry I've actually added a couple that are more general to Linux)
-How can I tell who has rights on a directory and/or files?
-How do you assign multiple users rights to a file or directory? Just by
making them members of a group that has rights? Is there another way?
-That leads me to: where can I assign a group rights to a file or
directory? Can that be done using webmin?
-How can I tell what the virtual directories are after httpd is running?
(so I know if they are what i think they are)

I'm getting the following error in the httpd log when trying to run the
neat.cgi for Netsaint:
[Thu Jan 31 09:53:11 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of
/usr/libexec/netsaint/cgi/neat.cgi failed
[Thu Jan 31 09:53:11 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.20] Premature end of
script headers: /usr/libexec/netsaint/cgi/neat.cgi

I'm assuming it's still a rights issue. I believe my apache user has rights
to this cgi script. Maybe the script is calling something that apache
doesn't have rights to?

James