httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Covington <webmas...@insw.org>
Subject Re: simple question
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:57:44 GMT
At 09:51 P 01/06/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm new to apache, and I have a simple question; where do I put the html
>files I want instead of the default, for instance the index.html for the
>root of my site?  I've looked through the docs and I didn't see clearly
>where it was.

Well, that's up to you.  Wherever you set DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf,
is where you want your web files.  If you already have web files in a
specific directory, then set DocumentRoot to that directory.  If you are
using virtual hosting, then that is set in each <VirtualHost> tag.  I
prefer using /home/*site*/public_html.

--James