httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil Armour <...@MIT.EDU>
Subject setting apache to insert file extensions
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 05:40:50 GMT
Hi,
i am trying to understand how to configure apache to insert a list of
extensions if just the filename is given.
for example if the url is http://localhost/test
i would like the server to first look for test.html then test.jsp then
test.jpg,  etc.

I also have a ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives enabled for the
purpose of redirecting to my j2EE container. ie.
ProxyPass         / http://localhost:8888/
ProxyPassReverse  / http://localhost:8888/

i would like to be able to serve static files(.html and .jpg) from Apache
(fast) and only hit the j2EE container for the JSPs in addition to the
first goal stated above.  If you have any ideas (possibly some way with
mod_rewrite) i would be grateful.

thanks,
-phil