httpd-users mailing list archives

From Randy Coleman DTI <ra...@dti-web.com>
Subject Re: send body timed out
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:09:28 GMT
I'm not sure if it's the same type of problem I had with a script. Mine
had to run about 20 minutes before finishing and, of course, things timed
out before that. <br>
Our solution was to write the updates to a file on the server, then use a
web page that &quot;refreshed&quot; every few minutes. By using the file
as a Server Side Include we could keep a running tab on how things were
going. This worked well for us....<br>
Randy<br>
At 1/18/02 03:43 PM +0200, you wrote:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a Perl application running on apache server on
a unix box. My<br>
application executes 12 SQL sentences and brings the result to
screen<br>
after each SQL sentence finished (yes, I do set up the output flush<br>
variable $| to 1.). Most of my SQL sentences spend 5 - 10 minutes in
the<br>
solid database, but there is one big one, which takes about 30
minutes<br>
to execute. When I tried to run the application via Netscape, the<br>
application stopped just before completion of execution of the
biggest<br>
SQL sentence. I know this from the output the application gave on
the<br>
screen. After I checked the apache's log file, I found a 'send body<br>
timed out' error. Does this mean that I should increase the value
of<br>
Timeout in the httpd.conf file. The current value is 300 seconds
before<br>
receives and sends time out. If this is the case, I think I need to
set<br>
the value as 2 hours, i.e. 7200 seconds. Is this value too high? I<br>
failed to find any maximum value for the FAQ of apache and the web.<br>
Your help is appreciated.<br>
Best<br>
--<br>
BAO RuiXian, PROGRAMMER, Technologies Team, Project Services Group<br>
AtBusiness Communications Oyj, Kaapeliaukio 1,&nbsp; FIN-00180
Helsinki<br>
tel. +358-9-2311 6674, mob. +358-50-329 6275, fax +358-9-2311 6601<br>
email: bao.ruixian@atbusiness.com<br>
For additional commands, e-mail: