httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: mod_ssl
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:26:31 GMT
Hendrik Daldrup wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i use mod_ssl on my appache sys,
> but now it tells me all the time i try to restart or configtest, that
> all the SSL-commands are unknown to mod_ssl/apache
> example:
>
> #SSLVerifyClient none
> #SSLEnable
>
> #SSLCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/xxxx.crt
> #SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/private/xxxx.key
> #SSLLogFile /var/log/xxxx.com
> #UserDir public_html
>
> every time i uncomment those lines, apache wont restart.
> why doesnt mod_ssl/apache understand those lines?
> they r included in the VirtualHost dir of that account, or do they
> belong someplace else?

It would appear that mod_ssl is not loaded. If you think you compiled it
in, do "./httpd -l" to see if it is loaded. If it is supposed to be
loaded by DSO check you have a LoadModule directive for mod_ssl.

Once you get it working, you might like to consider joining the more
specific mod_ssl users mailing list: http://www.modssl.org/support/

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.