httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <bao.ruix...@atbusiness.com>
Subject Re: send body timed out
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:48:01 GMT
Hello, Joshua,

    Thank you for your insight suggestion.

Joshua Slive wrote:

> I'm not really an expert with long-lived requests, but my guess is that you
> are running into client timeouts as much as server timeouts.  You may be
> able to fool the client by leaking out some data over time, but I think you
> will be better off if you change your strategy: write the results to a
> separate file and either refresh to the file or provide a link to it.

I tried to write the result to a separate file and refresh the file first by a
CGI redirect command and then the file will be refreshed automatically by
javascripts. But, now the process even stops much earlier. I checked system log
file, I found the following line:

    [Mon Jan 21 18:49:28 2002] [info] [client 194.100.137.2] (32)Broken pipe:
client stopped connection before send body completed

This is a different error from the previous "send body timed out". Is the new
error because of my unproper using CGI redirect?

BTW, the javascripts for refresh seem not working correctly either. It seems
refresh when screen blinks, but the contents are always same. I can only see
the updates by manually click the reload button on the NS browser. Anything
wrong with the following javascripts which I got from the network:

my $JSCRIPT=<<END;
  function changeLoad() {
    setTimeout("refresh()", 10*1000); //set timeout before refreshing,
                                      //in this case 10 seconds.
  }

  function refresh() {
    window.location.href = "$url" + "result/result.html";
  }

END

Anyway, it seems works fine from the command line.

Best

--
BAO RuiXian,  PROGRAMMER, Technologies Team, Project Services Group
AtBusiness Communications Corp., Kaapeliaukio 1, FIN-00180 Helsinki