httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Scott <Mike.Sc...@Sun.COM>
Subject UserDir and setuid CGI's
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:35:16 GMT
I have a setup that requires that I use the UserDir to give user access to their home directories
(on a VHOSTed config). I also need to grant them access to cgi-bin directories, and have their
scripts run as their own userid's.

I've got the UserDir working, but I can't figure out from the documentation how to get the
setuid cgi directory working...

I found this in http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

"For security and efficiency reasons, all suexec requests must remain within either a top-level
document root for virtual host requests, or one top-level personal document root for userdir
requests. For example, if you have four VirtualHosts configured, you would need to structure
all of your VHosts' document roots off of one main Apache document hierarchy to take advantage
of suEXEC for VirtualHosts. (Example forthcoming.) "

This isn't very clear, and am having trouble getting it to work...

Can anyone more experienced than I perhaps give an example config that I can work from..

Regards,
Mike