httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Internal Error
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:13:08 GMT
"Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" wrote:

> > Here is the script, its a perl script and has the interpreter specified on
> > its first line.
> >
> > #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe
> > push(@INC,'c:\program files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin');
> > use testapi;
> > #require('c:\program files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/testapi.pm');
> > my $webapp = "testapi"->new();
> > $webapp->run();
> >

> > So really, you are executing the run() method in testapi.pm. What does
> > it do?
>
> testapi.pm is as below:

I'm going to have to back out here since I can't debug a module for you.
"testapi.pm" is not a simple as it seems - it uses other modules and
works with DBs etc., Your problem is that the program is not executing
successfully under the CGI environment. I understand that it works OK in
the debugger under your account, but there are many differences in the
CGI environment and something is causing your program to bomb out. The
error you see is coming from mod_cgi itself
(src/modules/standard/mod_cgi.c) but it is probably just trapping an
error that occurs further down the line in another loaded module.

 I'm not too familiar with the win32 environment but on unix I'd be
checking:

- apache user read/write permissions to any files/directories/devices
used
- @INC includes path to modules used
- $PATH includes path to system functions used

And I would enable ScriptLogging to trap any earlier error messages
which are being lost.

Good Luck!

Owen Boyle.