httpd-users mailing list archives

From Julien OIX <julien....@presidence.univ-nantes.fr>
Subject Re: DirectoryIndex directive ...
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:40:16 GMT
hi joshua and everyone,

Joshua Slive a écrit :

> > the most surprising is that it works fine when the client browser is on
> > the apache server itself (http://x.x.x.x gives http://myhost/index.jsp)
> > but from an other machine of the same domain , http://x.x.x.x/index.jsp
> > works fine and  http://x.x.x.x OR http://x.x.x.x/ doesn't give
> > http://x.x.x.x/index.jsp
> >

> When you say that http://x.x.x.x "gives" http://myhost/index.jps, do you
> mean it simply serves that content, or do you mean that it redirects to that
> new location (causing the URL bar in your browser to change)?

on the apache server itself, it redirects (the URL bar changes)

> My best guess at this point is that your browsers are caching some older
> version of your site before you changed the configuration.  Try from a
> computer you have never used before.

Even from a "new" machine, i have the same problem ...

so, this is the directive I need to serve http://x.x.x.x/index.jsp when
a client tries http://x.x.x.x ?

> Joshua.

the DNS for my domain can't be updated for the moment, that's why I have
IP-based VH and I try URL with IP's; with that, can I exclude the DNS
problem to explain this one ?

thanks

--
Julien OIX