httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Internal Error
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:30:25 GMT
"Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" wrote:

> Here is the error in the errorlog:
>
> [Tue Jan 15 10:04:20 2002] [error] [client 10.90.74.122] couldn't spawn
> child process: c:/program files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/testapi.cgi
>
> The web server is running on the NT machine. Can anyone help me out as to
> what do I need to do to get rid of the error. I do have other cgi scripts as
> well and they all run fine, its just with this one script.

You are very lucky - most times, the error_log just says "premature end
of script headers" :-). In your case, it actually tells you what went
wrong. The CGI instance of the script could not spawn the child process
- i.e. CGI tried to start some program but failed to do so. This could
be the testapi.cgi program itself or a process that testapi.cgi tried to
start.

What does your program actually do? Does it have fork() or exec() in it?
Whatever it is, it si not working in the CGI environment (you already
verified it from the command line - right?).

Did you try to get ScriptLog working?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.