httpd-users mailing list archives

From CJ Kucera <ckuc...@hbs.net>
Subject Problems compiling Apache 1.3.22
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:42:23 GMT
Hello . . .

I'm having difficulty compiling Apache.  I'm using Debian Woody from not
too long ago, kernel 2.4.17, although that really shouldn't matter.
It's actually happening during the "configure" step:

 > pez@thag:~/Programs/Utils/apache_1.3.22$ ./configure \
 >                   --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max \
 >                   --prefix=/usr/local/encap/apache-1.3.22
 > Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.22
 >  + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 > Creating Makefile
 > sed: -e expression #44, char 50: Unknown option to 's'
 > Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 >  + enabling mod_so for DSO support

As a result, the root "Makefile" is left as an empty file.  I've tried
a number of different flags, including none at all (default
configuration settings), and I get the same problem.  The version of
sed I'm using is "GNU sed version 3.02".  Could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-CJ