httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kyle <k...@ccidomain.com>
Subject VitualHost + UserDir prob
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:11:04 GMT
Hello all.  I have a few users that use the userdir directive so they
don't have to have their own domain name.  I used to have the UserDir
directive in the main, default setups like this:
UserDir /net/www/*/www
And that worked great!

But then I found that clients could get web pages from any of my domain
host customers (OOPS!).  So it didn't matter what the domain was on the
server:
http://www.foo.com/~someone/
http://www.bar.com/~someone/
http://www.cat.com/~someone/
These would all yield the same results.

So I remarked out the userdir directive in the main host and put a copy
of the original directive into the virtual host that is supposed to
handle these user accounts (names change to protect the somewhat
innocent):
<VirtualHost 10.1.1.7>
   ServerName www.foo.com
   ServerAdmin webmaster@foo.com
   DocumentRoot /net/www/xyz00002/www
   SetEnv HOME_DIR /net/www/xyz00002
   UserDir /net/www/*/www
   .
   .
   .
</VirtualHost>

This solved the domain hosing problem, but the exact same request as
above for http://www.foo.com/~someone/ just returns a 302 error.  Why
won't this directive work when put inside the virtualhost directive?

-Kyle