httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: why 505 comes with 403
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 08:14:38 GMT
Please post in plain text - I can't quote your posting...

Anyway, check that access is allowed to your ErrorDocuments. I also
would not use a relative path for an ErrorDocument (../403.htm) - it is
clearer to use a path which is absolute from the DocumentRoot, e.g.

ErrorDocument 403 /errors/403.htm

By the way, what's with the "htm" extension? The correct extension for a
hypertext markup language file is "html". The short-form "htm" was
introduced by Microsoft when they belatedly discovered the web and had
to come up with something which would fit their limited 8.3 character
namespace on Windows 3.1 etc. It is a proprietary relic and should be
discarded.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.