httpd-users mailing list archives

From Admin <ad...@hostingohio.com>
Subject help with user directories and virtual hosts
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:32:27 GMT
I'm doing name based virtual hosting with Apache 1.3.19 on a Red Hat 7.1,
intel based, box.

I would like to add something like a publi_html directory to each user's
webpage space.  Something like:

/home/joe/shmoe-www/public_html

where user 'joe' has a webpage named 'www.shmoe.com' and he can use the
public_html directory to put files in for stuff like anonymous downloads.
I tried doing some editing of my httpd.conf file to get this done, but I'm
obviously not doing something right.  Is there a simple way I can
accomplish this without getting into re-write rules?

Admin
admin@hostingohio.com
www.hostingohio.com